Missing ST_GeomFromWKB function

wellgis
Hello H2GIS developers,

I wonder why this important function is missing in H2GIS.
I've found ST_GeomFromWKT and ST_PolyFomWKB.

I'm migrating from PostGIS to H2GIS and have found ST_GeomFromWKT and
ST_PolyFomWKB.
All my INSERT Statements in the DAO's are not working anymore because of
this missing function.
  Is it possible to implement it in next release/build, please?

In the meantime I will try to solve this problem with a User-Defined
Function.

Thanks and greetings from Hannover, Germany.
Malte

weller.vcf (364 bytes) Download Attachment

Re: Missing ST_GeomFromWKB function

nicolas-f
Administrator

Hi,

Thanks for feedback. We will open an issue to add ST_GeomFromWKB.

Note that we will provide a PostGIS driver with H2GIS distribuable in order to work with external databases. Using a LINKED TABLE data could be transfered without having to call functions on a side.

In the mean time, you can cast a wkb data into geometry using this query:

create table desttable as SELECT WKBGEOM::geometry the_geom from mytable;

Regards,

‚Äč

--
Nicolas Fortin